Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Charlotte Checkers in the Playoffs






Location: Bojangles Coliseum, Charlotte, NC

This past weekend was so full of exploring Charlotte and all it has to offer.  Recently, I was talking with a friend about how sometimes we try to keep going on trips to explore various places and never really take the time to do those things in the city we live in.  So I have resolved to explore more and to live more and be a tourist in my city. 

One of those ways was to go to a hockey game! Charlotte has a minor league or whatever it is called in hockey [I'm not great at sports haha] team.  I have always loved going to hockey games, I think they are so fun.  Hockey also happens to be one of Mikes favorite sports so it was the perfect date night. We had never been to a hockey game together.

The Checkers ended up playing a fantastic game.  They are currently in the playoffs, which is so good for them. They won 4- 1 after the opposing team removed their goalie toward the end of the game in an attempt to score.  Games are definitely more exciting when your local team wins and the crowd gets into it!

I have been loving researching more things to do around Charlotte and going out there to live my life and do them.  Hockey was a perfect thing to do on an evening out!

What are some ways that you explore your own city?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...