Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Baking + Decorating Christmas Cookies






Over break, I wanted to do something fun and Christmasy.  Since I knew that my sister and her boyfriend were coming into town the perfect thing to do was make cookies for them and the family!  As a kid my favorite cookies to make around Christmas were the ones that you get to decorate.  Mom had this whole bucket in the pantry full of sprinkles, different caps for the icing, and cookie cutters. I loved making fun shapes and then getting to decorate the cookies all while feeling like a big girl and helping mom bake.

I figured these cookies would be simple, yet so much fun to make because of getting to be creative and decorate after they were cooled! As you can see my ever present helper [Finn] in the kitchen couldn't wait for our cookie baking adventure as well.

So I put on my grammys apron and got to work. I used this super simple recipe for the cookies.  For the decorations I just grabbed a few things at harris teeter: icing and various colors of sprinkles.  I probably will try making my own next time with food coloring but time was limited for me.  They definitely were more fun and hilarious to decorate than anything - lets just say I won't be competing on cupcake wars anytime soon.  This little afternoon activity got me in the Christmas spirit and were a big hit once I brought them over to my parents house that evening!

I'd love to know some of your favorite things to cook and bake, I am always looking out for new fun things to make in the kitchen! Share below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...