Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Gratitude Lately


When I read the book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are  it left such a huge impact on my life.  I even talked about it in this post.  Every so often, when the to do list seems to only grow, students seem to need a counselor more than ever, and there are not enough hours in the day, I need to stop everything that I am doing.

Making a gratitude list is like hitting the reset button for me.  Thinking of things I am thankful for changes my outlook.  It's more than that too, gratitude helps us look for the good in everything around us.  Gratitude forces us to find joy in the little things; including all the daily tasks that we have on that growing to do list.

Here are some of the things I am grateful for lately:

1. Yoga.  Especially free/ really cheap yoga with friends at local breweries.  Recently, I have become a regular at a few yoga classes offered around the city; fan girl over here.  Yoga has become one of my favorite things to do for self care.

2. My Blessed Is She devotionals.  This community of Christian women have some powerful messages daily, it follows the liturgical calendar for bible readings and the reflections are literally spot on what I need every single morning.  Best enjoyed with a journal and coffee.

3. School Counselor Week.  I find that a lot of people really have no idea that my job even exists.  I love the work that I do and one of my passions is advocating for schools and students. This week is national school counselor week for just that reason.  My school has been so wonderful recognizing me and my co- counselor for what we do around the school.  It's nice to feel appreciated.  If you want to learn more about school counselors: check out ASCA.

4. Plants.  Lately, I have had an obsession with gardening.  I currently have one window that lets in light with a shelf right in front of that is overflowing with more and more plants I keep getting. But green, growth just warms my soul.

5. Birthday Celebrations.  The month of February brings my birthday.  I am currently planning out all my celebrations.  I can't wait to go to a fun place with all the people I love to honor another trip around the sun.  It's going to be so wonderful.

What have you been grateful for lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...