Friday, May 19, 2017

Summertime in CLT

This is the first summer I will spend in the Queen City since 3 years ago when I moved back to Boone for grad school.  So much has changed in Charlotte recently.  It's growing right in front of my eyes.  There are so many new cool places or events to check out; I feel like I can't keep up.   I am fortunate enough to have my summers off [minus a few trainings here and there + babysitting and swim lessons I do for a side job] with more time on my hands I can't wait to explore my city.  I compiled a list of all the things I hope to get to do this summer in Charlotte, I'm sure I will constantly be adding to it as I find out about more as well!

Country concerts: To me summer and country music go hand in hand.  We already have tickets to Brantley Gilbert and Luke Combs this July.  Bring on the tailgates with friends, good times, and good music.

River Jam + Outdoor Yoga at the USNWC: Every Thursday evening a different band puts on a free concert at the Whitewater Center.  Bring a chair, your blanket, and your friends!

Ice Cream dates: There are some local ice cream shops that I just haven't had a chance to go to yet.  What's more perfect than supporting local, ice cream, and a hot afternoon?

Rooftop cocktails: Same as above.  There are some fun rooftop bars around the city with amazing skyline views.  I will definitely go at some point this summer for that insta worth cocktail skyline photo ;)

Pool Days: Enough said. Get some La Croix, a fun floatie, and your bestie to relax by a pool and get some rays.

Rock Climbing: Sometimes on a rainy day I don't want to have netflix marathons and clean I want to still feel like I can have an adventure.  So going to this indoor rock climbing center is definitely on my list.

Brunch: My favorite meal of all time.

Cheer on the home team: I haven't been to a Knights baseball game in years.  Now Charlotte has a fancy stadium in uptown, plus summer and baseball games go hand in hand.

Check out some farmers markets: Charlotte is definitely growing in the local green movement and I am so proud.  I have heard about a bunch of little farmers markets all over the city that I plan on spending some Saturday mornings exploring.

Hike Crowders: The closest thing to the mountains we have here is Crowders Mountain about 45 minutes outside the city.  It's a fun little day hike and perfect for those times I am craving mountains and hiking but can't make the whole trip to Boone!

Lake lovin: Charlotte is situated so nicely in between 2 lakes - one of them now has a public beach.  What I am really hoping for is some very nice friends to invite us for a few boating outings **wink, wink** 

Explore Parks + Greenways: Walking the dog is one of my favorite mindful self- care activities.  There are so many fun parks and greenways to walk around Charlotte.  There is even a plan to connect all of them around the city eventually.  How cool is that?!

Coffee Shop Adventures: I have a feeling this will be a fun little project of mine.  Blogging from new coffee shops.  I just love the atmosphere in coffee shops and this summer I will be on the hunt for my favorite!

Beach Trip: Charlotte is situated literally a days drive from adventure.  2+ hours to the mountains and 3+ hours to the beach. We are going to the OBX one month from now.  I talked here about what I am already planning on packing for this trip that I am bouncing with anticipation for.

Is there something you know about in Charlotte I should check out? If so please share and tell me what your summer plans are too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...