Friday, June 2, 2017

Ode to Fathers [especially mine]


It's now June which means Fathers Day is coming up! I have been so blessed with such a wonderful, caring, giving, and hardworking father.

My daddy has always been there for me and my family.  He works tireless hours then comes home to  make sure the house is in tip top shape. My dad is the kind of father who was around to play with us girls, put up with our endless drama, and always be the receptive person at the end of those "dadddddyyyy" phone calls when we are in peril. I always took that for granted until I started working in schools and learned the hard stories of many children.

I feel so blessed to have a Dad who has been there physically and emotionally for me throughout my whole life, and still is [who do you think has helped me build furniture and transport heavy items on my many moves from apartment to apartment?!]

Now I know that all families aren't exactly made up the same way mine is, and that's okay.  Learning about peoples daily lives fascinates me; it also fills me with so much gratitude for being brought up with parents who stay together through it all.

So cheers to all the fathers out there raising their children to be strong and humble and to do the right thing.  The world needs more involved fathers.  I have seen first hand what a positive male role model does to students who seem to be helpless otherwise.  Thank you to the men who stand up and stick together and cultivate a positive family life.

How are you going to celebrate your father this month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...